Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Coloring Book Page - Almost There

This week I tried to stick with a single pattern when creating my coloring book page. I decided to make it in the outline of the SHS Falcon because I wanted to create something that was a little bit closer to my home and community. I still have to decide how I want the pattern to look like, I tried doing some smaller scale ones on scratch paper but it ended up looking too cluttered. The first pattern I tried was a wave pattern, but it's really easy to mess up the pattern by accidentally shifting it over a little bit, so I decided not to try that one on a larger scale. A pattern that I did really like was this circular pattern that I had seen from a youtube video, and it didn't look too cluttered when I did in on a small scale, but when I made it bigger on the 18x24 paper it looked really messy, so I threw it out and started over.

Because of the series of mistakes and trial and error fails that I did while trying to get the correct design, I didn't get a chance to complete a final coloring page - but I have one thats halfway there right now so hopefully by this weekend I'll be able to update this post with pictures of the completed page :)


UPDATE:
Here's the second coloring book page:

No comments:

Post a Comment