Wednesday, April 20, 2016

20 TIME - What's Next?

For my next coloring book page I was thinking of doing something that would follow the lines of what a traditional coloring book has so I could have a new and trusted way of trying out some new patterns. I'm not sure how to go about it; I talked to some people on what they looked for on a coloring page and I got very different responses. Some said that they preferred detailed pages so they could create more intricate patterns. Others said they liked large patterns where they wouldn't have to change color pencils often and they can make broad strokes.
I haven't had a chance to draw the pattern yet, but I found some patterns/videos that seem to be really interesting and cool to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw9z6fXpuFk

I wouldn't do something this large, but it's interesting to see how he was able to incorporate so many different patterns into a single mandala.

4 comments:

  1. Keep on drawing and creating new patterns! I would love to see your finished coloring book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching your progress and seeing what you come up with! (It's seriously gorgeous and you're super talented :)) Both large patterns and detailed ones are interesting- perhaps make one of each?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the finished product! Personally, I think a combination of both would be good- perhaps smaller designs with a blank background? The office actually has some that seem to have a good balance of intricacy, but sometimes they seem kind of boring. I honestly love coloring though, so I'm sure I will love whatever you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Amanda. Since you want to appeal to both types of people, maybe incorporate the best of both worlds. In my personal opinion though, I would prefer bigger spaces so I can doodle my own random designs as well. I really love this idea and I can't wait to see what your finished product will look like!

    ReplyDelete