Tuesday, May 31, 2016

20 Time Final Post

My end result for 20 Time was a lot different than the result I imagined when I first started out. I thought that a drawing a week would be feasible, but school started to eat up more and more of my time and I underestimated the amount of planning that had to go into each drawing. Before I upload the pdf's of all the drawings there's some that still need to be inked, so as soon as that's done I'll be uploading those on this post. In the meantime, I have pictures of each of the drawings, but again, the ones that aren't inked are a little hard to see. 
Coloring Pages

Coloring Pages

I've included a video of my TED talk below: 


During the TED talk, I definitely rushed through the presentation. I was feeling really nervous before hand because I had worked hard on the project and I didn't want to mess it up or make it seem as if I hadn't done anything over the course of the semester. I prepared a lot for the presentation and had memorized my talk, but as soon as I got up there I felt like I forgot everything and had to glance down one or two times to get myself back on track. I missed some things that I wanted to say that would have added to my time, but overall I was happy with the final product and the presentation, even if I could have sounded more confident while giving the TED talk. I actually would have myself a 75/75 on the TED talk; although it wasn't perfect I think that I hit all of the requirements for it and showcased what I had done over the semester pretty well. From this project I definitely learned how to handle my mistakes better and to grow from them instead of letting them hinder you. I used to feel awful whenever I made a mistake, and I still do, but I understand now that it's impossible to grow or get through life without making mistakes, and if everything went perfectly all the time there wouldn't be anything to learn. I also learned time management from this project, more so because of the lack of time management that I had. I was really meticulous about it at first, but then I struggled to find a good design that I wanted to do or to find a way to make my coloring book stand out, which took up a good chunk of time that could have been spent making more coloring pages instead. 

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Simrun. Though you didn't accomplish your end goal, you should still be quite proud of your accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete